In 2016/2017 Hilton Primary Academy received £9,615 in Sports Premium Funding. This funding is used to make additional and sustainable improvement to the quality of sports provision at the academy. The 2017/2018 Sports Premium Funding amount is still to confirmed, but will be in the region of £10,000. The funding is spent in the following ways:
- The hiring of quality sports and dance teachers to work alongside and train teaching staff to deliver high quality PE lessons and after school clubs.
- Provide CPD for our newly appointed PE and Sports Leader so that he can ensure an outstanding sporting provision across the school.
- Appointment of a full time Sports and Activities Leader who coaches and then accompanies children to a range of sporting events across the North East.
- Pool hire costs so that free swimming lessons can be offered to all Year 3 and Year 4 children.
- Purchasing of high quality sports equipment so that children can experience a diverse range of sporting opportunities.
- The upkeep of the academy mini bus which is used to transport children to and from sporting events, including swimming lessons.
- To ensure after-school sporting clubs are always offered to children free of charge and are available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings every week.