In 2016/2017 Hilton Primary Academy received ?9,615 in Sports Premium Funding. This funding is used to make additional and sustainable improvement to the quality of sports provision at the academy. The 2017/2018 Sports Premium Funding amount is still to confirmed, but will be in the region of ?10,000. The funding is spent in the following ways:
- The hiring of quality sports and dance teachers to work alongside and train teaching staff to deliver high quality PE lessons and after school clubs.
- Provide CPD for our newly appointed PE and Sports Leader so that he can ensure an outstanding sporting provision across the school.
- Appointment of a full time Sports and Activities Leader who coaches and then accompanies children to a range of sporting events across the North East.
- Pool hire costs so that free swimming lessons can be offered to all Year 3 and Year 4 children.
- Purchasing of high quality sports equipment so that children can experience a diverse range of sporting opportunities.
- The upkeep of the academy mini bus which is used to transport children to and from sporting events, including swimming lessons.
- To ensure after-school sporting clubs are always offered to children free of charge and are available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings every week.