Here you will find all the dates and times of the up and coming events at Hilton Primary Academy. If you have any questions about the events listed on this page please get in touch. You can email us email@example.com, call us on 0191 286 9297, or Tweet us @HiltonAcademy.
Pupil Premium is an allocation of additional funding provided to schools to support specific groups of children who are vulnerable to possible underachievement. These include pupils who are entitled to free school meals; those looked after by the local authority and children of armed services personnel. The intended effect of this funding is to accelerate progress and raise attainment.
Pupil Premium is allocated to schools from central Government and is clearly identifiable. Schools then decide how the Pupil Premium is spent, since they are best placed to assess what additional provision should be made for the individual pupils within their responsibility.
The Pupil Premium Grant for 2016 to 2017 is as detailed in this document: Pupil Premium Support Grant
Here is a copy of our Award letter too: Pupil Premium Award Letter
All school are required to report on the amount of funding received, how this is being used, and the impact of any work done.
The allocation for 2012 / 2013 was ?136,180.
The allocation for 2013 / 2014 was ?201,600.
The allocation for 2014 / 2015 was ?336,600.
The allocation for this academic year, 2015 / 2016 is ?356,080.
The funding is used as in the following ways:
1. Tuition; a personalised learning programme bespoke to needs of each child.
2. Family Support Officer 0.8 post; Parental engagement and support for families including early intervention.
3. Activities leader; wide variety of extra-curricular activities, including lunchtime clubs to support pupils skills and interests
4. Enriched curricular opportunities ? vocabulary and engagement
5. Staffing - Class size reduced to no more than 12 pupils for Numeracy and Literacy; High quality first teaching
6. Curriculum focused visits and visitors with outcomes clearly focused on writing (Audience, Purpose and Form) and language; Pupil vocabulary and stimuli for learning
7. Practical, investigative Numeracy curriculum and resources including iPads; children learning in a meaningful context
10. Extension of Nursery part time places to full time ? early intervention
11. Development of feedback and response (marking) feedback to pupils by all staff
Impact can be assessed by the improvement in outcomes for all pupils and the negligible difference between PP pupils and all pupils.
All matters regarding the use of Pupil Premium funds are treated with discretion and in confidence.
Should you require any further information on the Pupil premium, please visit:
Please note we would never ask a child to gather donations for our school by collecting door to door. If we fundraise, this is done in school and managed by our Care, Guidance and Support team.
Please remember that your child needs to be in their line for five to nine every morning. Parents/carers of children who are consistently late for school will be challenged by members of staff. Thanks for your help with this!!
If your child has any lost property, please speak to Miss Nellis, who?ll be happy to help!
Don?t forget you can always find out more about our school by looking at our zone blogs, our Facebook and Twitter pages.